Saturday 11 March 2017

Zoe Rahman

My apologies for my extended break from this blog. Unfortunately yours truly ran out of inspiration and felt the need for a constructive break.

I thought it was time to introduce some jazz musicians to this blog. I decided to feature Zoe Rahman because I like her original approach to jazz, especially her jazz and Bengali fusions.

Her jazz style is often considered to be unique given her numerous influences, including her British and Bengali heritage and background in classical music. She's worked on an impressive number of collaborations pairing up with her brother (Idris Rahman), Courtney Pine, George Mraz and Jerry Dammers' Spatial AKA Orchestra.

My top 5 choices:

1. Muchhe Jaoa Dinguli
2. I'll Think About It
3. Unison
4. On the Road
5. Red Squirrel

Most popular on Spotify:

1. Red Squirrel
2. Down to Earth
3. Fast Asleep
4. The Sheikh
5. The Calling

Sadly I wasn't able to find all my favourites on YouTube but the alternative clips below are still impressive.









No comments:

Post a Comment