Saturday 24 December 2011

The Chieftains

I had a lot of ideas for today's blog post but I thought I'd feature some Celtic music as it seems appropriate, when there's only a few hours before Christmas day starts. The Chieftains are some other artists that I have discovered, since I started listening to Calm Radio - Celtic. I like their music because it tends to either be very jolly or very relaxing.

The Chieftains have been around since 1962, so they're quite an old band. From what I gather, they're a well-known band, who made Irish folk music more popular. I imagine that one of the reasons, why they're so popular is because they have joined together to make music with many different sorts of artists  over the years. They're so well respected that they have received Lifetime Achievement award from the BBC as well as 6 Grammy awards.

I hope that you all enjoy this music and that you all have a good Christmas day with lots of good presents and food.

Merry Christmas to you all!



N.B.: They've actually released many other albums but these were the only good clips I could find on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment