Thursday 11 August 2011

Frank London's Klezmer Brass Allstars

I decided that it was time to post about another Klezmer artist because I neglected klezmer music, while I was discovering more about other sorts of world music. I chose Frank London's Klezmer Brass Allstars because although I don't like all of their music, I like some of their compositions because the mixture of brass music and klezmer music blends in well.


Frank London's Klezmer Brass Allstars was founded by Frank London (who's a member of many other klezmer bands and brass bands). The aim of the band is to recreate the music of the Di Shakere Kapelye and embody the spirit of shtetl music (Eastern European Jewish music). They also use ancient traditions to reconstruct the original spirit, which let to the modern day Klezmer.




If you'd like to listen to more samples of their music, here are the links to their mp3 album's on Amazon: Brotherhood of BrassCarnival Conspiracy and Di Shikere Kapelye.

No comments:

Post a Comment