Friday 5 August 2011

Väsen

I decided to include Scandinavian music today because I've not yet included this sort of music on my blog. I've been meaning to do a post on a Scandinavian artist for a while but I had no success in finding a good artist, until I was researching the music of an artist for another blog post and Väsen happened to be recommended in connection with that artist. I really like Väsen because I love the medieval feel of their music.


Väsen is a Swedish folk music band, that was formed by Olav Johansson (who plays the nyckelharpa), Mikael Marin (who plays the viola) and Roger Tallroth (who is responsible for the percussion). Later on, they were joined by André Ferrari but he doesn't tend to perform with the group when they perform internationally because he dislikes touring abroad and there are more financial advantages to being a trio. 




If you'd like to listen to more samples of their music, here are the links to their mp3 albums on Amazon: Väsen StreetTrioKapten Kapsyl (Captain Bottle Top)Keyed Up and Linnaeus Väsen

No comments:

Post a Comment