Monday 15 August 2011

Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra

I discovered Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra, when I saw that their album was in the top 200 best selling albums in world music on iTunes. I like their music because it makes me think of people happily dancing away.

Ottmar Liebert was born in Germany but his father is Chinese-German and his mother is Hungarian. As is the case with a lot world music artists I feature, he spent a lot of time outside of his country of birth during his childhood and travelled through Europe and Asia with his family, so I imagine that this is what encouraged his style of Nouveau Flamenco. He set up Luna Negra in 1990 and has recorded with them ever since.



If you'd like to listen to more of their music, here are the links of their mp3 albums on Amazon: The River: Writing in WaterThe Scent of LightPetals on the PathThe Best Of Ottmar LiebertBorrascaSolo Para TiViva!Up CloseEuphoria and La Semana.

No comments:

Post a Comment