Friday 8 July 2011

Aventura

Aventura was one of the first bands I began listening to as a young child because I was bought up with a television that had a German satellite aswell as a British satellite, and so I was lucky enough to discover this song because the Germans often play songs from other countries. Although I don't understand all of the lyrics that accompany the song, I am still very much attached to their songs, I suppose this is probably because I'm used to listening to songs, whose lyrics I don't fully understand and also because I like the sound of their songs.

Aventura was formed by Anthony SantosHenry Santos JeterLenny Santos, and Max Santos in 1994. Two of the band members are brothers but as far as I know the other band members are not related to each other. Three of the band members grew up in the Bronx and the other band member was raised in the Dominican Republic but the band members, who grew up in the Bronx are nevertheless of Dominican and Puerto Rican descent. Originally they played bachata music but they became popular when they combined their bachata music with R&B and Hip Hop music.


Obsesion was released in 2004 and it is one of Aventura's many hits and as you can probably guess: it's about an obsession with a girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment