Friday 15 July 2011

Kora Jazz Trio

Yet again I'm featuring another band, that I've found as a result of iTunes suggestions. I don't usually like jazz music but I really like the Kora Jazz Trio's compositions because the way in which their music embodies several styles at one time makes the jazz seem more subtle.

The Kora Jazz Trio was formed by Djeli Moussa Diawara (who plays the kora and occasionally the guitar), Abdoulaye Diabaté (the piano player) and Moussa Cisoko (the drum player). Diawara composes the majority of the tracks, especially the one's which feature his voice. They combine Mandinga music, percussion and jazz in their compositions. They have so far completed three albums: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3, and each album has a slightly different style, so you might very well find that you prefer one album to the other two albums.  


I couldn't find many of their songs on YouTube, so I've chosen to share their track, Chan Chan, with you in spite of the fact that it's not my favourite track. In any case hopefully there will be more in future if people become more aware of the band because a lot of people are missing out on such delightful music.



No comments:

Post a Comment